[LLVMdev] Pragma for Loop Unrolling

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Sun Apr 20 21:15:31 PDT 2014

Jingyue,

In my limited experience from playing with some simple examples, the metadata is pretty stable; some work has recently been done in this area to clean up some of the lose ends (just the other day, a patch was committed to prevent loop rotation from breaking it).

The work to be done is pretty minimal -- you can take advantage of the infrastructure used to generate the metadata to support OpenMP loop pragmas. Only some of this is upstream (for the rest, see https://github.com/clang-omp/clang_trunk -- lib/CodeGen/CGLoopInfo.cpp in that repository is especially relevant).

 -Hal