[LLVMdev] "lazy symbol binding failed" with dynamically loaded pass in opt

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 01:08:11 PDT 2014

Hi Julian,

On 17 April 2014 23:40, Julian Oppermann
<oppermann at esa.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> I’m running into the following problem when loading my custom passes in opt on OS X 10.9 (which work fine on Linux):

One common problem (the only one I really know about, unfortunately)
is trying to load a module into Xcode's copy of "opt" rather than one
from the same tree as your module.

Xcode's one comes from a separate branch and is almost certainly
ABI-incompatible with every single revision of the main LLVM tree, in
one way or another.

Cheers.

Tim.