[LLVMdev] decompiler

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sun Apr 13 05:34:37 PDT 2014

On 04/13/14 08:15 AM, Carback, Richard T., III wrote:

> That’s correct, we only support ARM at this time. If you look at the
> commit log, we have started X86 but it is not functional.
>
> I presented Fracture at the LLVM DevMtg last November. I would not be
> opposed to upstreaming, but I am not sure it is the right thing for
> the community as decompiling and compiling are focused on different
> problems.

Personally I know a few people very interested in this topic and I'd
love to see the work upstream. llvm has many uses beyond just pure
static compilation and unless others object - I think it fits perfectly
fine in the llvm family of tools. Also it will eventually be needed for
FreeBSD in their mission to totally replace binutils and GNU stuff.