[LLVMdev] Need help reproducing a sanitizer buildbot failure

Diego Novillo dnovillo at google.com
Thu Apr 10 14:33:19 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:

> msan isn't usable without an instrumented C++ standard library.
>
> The script in question is here:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/source/browse/trunk/build/scripts/slave/buildbot_bootstrap.sh

Thanks, Reid. I've gotten the script and I'm now running it locally. It's
running into trouble in llvm_build2_asan, so I'll have to kick it a bit
first.

I think the bot usually gives a readable error report, but it doesn't work
> for this test because the test is passing stderr to FileCheck.  Lots of
> tests do that, and we should find a way to make that work.  We might want
> to pass MSAN_OPTIONS=log_path=/tmp/something.log and then cat that file
> from lit if it's non-empty.

Yeah. From the output, I can see part of the msan failure, but I can't see
the whole thing. Worse, I can't even replicate it.

Diego.