[LLVMdev] 3.4.1 Release Plans - Update

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Wed Apr 9 09:14:46 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:10:43PM -0400, Tom Stellard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are now about halfway between the 3.4 and 3.5 releases, and I would
> like to start preparing for a 3.4.1 release.  Here is my proposed release
> schedule:
>
> Mar 26 - April 9: Identify and backport additional bug fixes to the 3.4 branch.

I'm going to delay the testing phase until Friday, Apr 11.  I received a
lot more merge requests than I anticipated and a lot of people were busy
with the conference this week, so there was not a lot of time for code
owners to review patches.

However, I would encourage anyone that uses LLVM in ways not covered by
the test suite to begin testing the 3.4 branch just to make sure there
aren't any major issues.

Anyone who requested that I merge a fix into the 3.4 branch should try
to verify that it is actually in there.  There were a lot of patches and
it is possible I over-looked a few.

Once the testing phase starts, I plan to only accept patches for bugs
that are present in 3.4.1, but not in 3.4.0, so if you have any fixes
for bugs in 3.4.0, please get them to by Friday.

Thanks,
Tom