[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.4 performance regressed?

Jonas Wagner jonas.wagner at epfl.ch
Mon Apr 7 09:01:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

One reason for the regression might be that the SROA pass is now used
instead of mem2reg; consider replacing your use of mem2reg by SROA.

I also think it's meaningless to talk about performance without actually
enabling any optimization passes. You mention "Inlining failed?" but don't
enable any passes that would inline functions. If performance matters for
you, consider using -O3 or a similar flag.

Best,
Jonas

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22902034/llvm-3-4-performance-regressed