[LLVMdev] "Rotate Loop" pass kills "llvm.vectorizer.enable" metadata

Zinovy Nis zinovy.nis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 06:13:34 PDT 2014

Hi.

I faced that "llvm.vectorizer.enable" metadata used by Loop Vectorizer and
set by OpenMP pragmas are killed after the "Rotate Loop" pass. The branch
containing the metadata is replaced with another one, but without any
metadata.
So "Loop Vectorizer" doesn't force vectorization of this loop.

I can fix it of course by propagating the metadata to the new branch from
the old one, but there's no guarantee that some other pass will not kill at
again.

May be we need more reliable way for setting metadata for such cases?

- Zinovy.