[LLVMdev] decompiler

Per Larsen perl at uci.edu
Thu Apr 3 10:55:33 PDT 2014

For completeness, I want to mention that there is a commercial effort (by
SecondWrite LLC) to build a production-quality decompiler (also called
SecondWrite [1,2]) that targets the LLVM intermediate representation. It is
a very ambitious project and a high level of compatibility can only be
offered after substantial implementation and research efforts have been
made. I'm adding a SecondWrite developer, Kapil Anand, to the loop in case
you want to start a conversation directly. As an independent researcher in
compilation and security, I can attest to the quality of the work and
research that has gone into the development of SecondWrite.

Cheers,
Per

[1] http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2465351.2465380
[2] http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2462156.2462165