[LLVMdev] Add Support For .bss Named Section Directive For Darwin Targets

Nicholas White n.j.white at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 03:08:42 PDT 2013

I believe it's a feature missing in MC -
https://github.com/opensource-apple/cctools/blob/4da58fd2fc026317ed9e9ef1feabf21ed0bb7a81/cctools-836/as/i386.c
line
539 adds support for the .bss directive if certain variables are defined,
and mainline gas supports it on all ARM targets:
https://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/as/ARM-Directives.html . Supporting
the directive on all Darwin targets could be considered an extension
though. Thanks -