[LLVMdev] [polly] static link

Sebastian Pop spop at codeaurora.org
Thu Sep 26 11:27:32 PDT 2013

Hi Tobi,

Rick is trying to set up a public buildbot for Polly on Windows.  Right now the
community version of polly does not build on Windows.  We would like to make it
possible to link polly statically to avoid several problems dealing with
building polly as a DLL.

I have a set of changes that make polly link statically in opt, clang, bugpoint,
etc.  These changes drop support for building polly as a loadable lib.
Do you want to keep the ability to build polly as a plugin?

The other question is about the place polly is located: IMO it is not a tool, it
is more a lib than a tool.  Because it is by default located in llvm/tools we
have to build polly before all other tools for it to be available for static
link into the tools.  Do you have an opinion in maintaining polly under llvm/tools?
The other place I would see polly fit is llvm/lib, I also have experimented with
moving polly in llvm/lib/polly, and it simplifies a bit the makefiles in llvm/tools.

Sebastian
hosted by The Linux Foundation