[LLVMdev] [lld]Native reader/writer is not called, treated as Dead Code!

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Mon Sep 23 10:46:12 PDT 2013

On 9/23/2013 12:20 PM, Nick Kledzik wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org> wrote:
>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> When changes were brought from lld core to the Universal Driver, calls to NativeReader/NativeWriter code was stripped away.
> This needs to be fixed.   Originally, ever run of the linker would have a step were it wrote to native and read that back in.  That makes sense for test cases, but not for a production linker.
We could do this always in DEBUG mode, so that assumptions in the code
are still valid, and no hidden data structures are being passed in to
the Writer.

> We could add a flag to LinkingContext which triggers Driver::link() to side step through native format, then let the drivers decide whether to set the flag or not.
I added --output-filetype to the ELF driver, that sets the
LinkingContext to the appropriate output file that needs to be emitted.

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation