[LLVMdev] VMKit state of the union, android support, and .net/CLI

Joshua Warner joshuawarner32 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 17:53:38 PDT 2013

Jeremy,

This has nothing to do with LLVM or VMKit... but if you're interested:

I've been working on a light-weight JVM called Avian (
http://oss.readytalk.com/avian/).  It has a fast JIT compiler (that
produces moderately good code, but no optimization).  It doesn't have any
.NET support currently, but given the deep similarities between .NET and
Java, I think it wouldn't be a monumental task to add support.

I've been looking for an excuse to implement another language or runtime on
top of avian for a while now.  I'd estimate it'd take not more than a month
or two to get something substantial working.

If you're interested, let's take the discussion to the avian mailing
list (CC'd): https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/avian

-Joshua