[LLVMdev] Heads up: Pass Manager changes will be starting shortly

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Sat Sep 14 16:15:39 PDT 2013

On 09/14/2013 04:05 PM, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Reed Kotler <rkotler at mips.com
> <mailto:rkotler at mips.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Chandler,
>
>     What changes are you planning to make?
>
>     Are you going to submit a proposal and RFC?
>

> There have been several RFCs...
>
> What's your specific question?

Which RFCs cover this?

Will the new system allow for passes to be inserted dynamically after
startup?

I have some delicate things that I did to make this ability to switch
between mips 32 and mips16 ( they are different instruction sets) that
relies on the pass manager working the way it does now. I'm not sure
what you are planning to do and how it might affect what I did. It was
very tricky to get that to work and a lot of things depend on it working
now.

I don't think that we need to see how this will be implemented but I
think that it would be helpful to list what you are trying to accomplish
at a high level and what new features will be there and how the behavior
will change from now.