[LLVMdev] Intel Memory Protection Extensions (and types question)

Nadav Rotem nrotem at apple.com
Mon Sep 9 21:40:28 PDT 2013

Hi Kevin,

Can you explain what kind of abstraction/support do you plan to implement over the MP instructions ? I imagine that you plan to add a few intrinsics, right ? I imagine that you don’t need the register allocator to allocate the BND registers or anything fancy like that. In that case the registers can be an immediate in the intrinsic.  Maybe you can start by presenting the kind of intrinsics that you want to implement.

Thanks,
Nadav