[LLVMdev] adding new target to configure script
preston.briggs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 14:00:13 PDT 2013
I'm experimenting with a new backend, hoping to build a cross compiler, and
reading "Writing an LLVM Compiler Backend". Early on, in "Preliminaries",
it suggests editing my configure script to add my new target to the
TARGETS_TO_BUILD variable, suggesting some creativity may be required.
I'm perhaps not creative enough, 'cause I can't get it to work. I tried a
couple of variations (one seemed straightforward; in the other, I went
through looking for every example of Sparc to see how they did it and
making the appropriate changes).
I tried configuring like this
./configure --enable-target=preston --disable-optimized
and it chunked along for a while, but ultimately failed, complaining
configure: error: Unrecognized target preston
configure: error: ./configure failed for projects/sample
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev