[LLVMdev] [lld] Modeling ELF FileNodes/ControlNodes (Group's) in lld

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Wed Sep 4 13:42:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

With the inputGraph now, lld models command line options, input files as
nodes in the InputGraph called InputElements.

In the current approach, each InputElement is converted to a
LinkerInput, which works if all lld deals with individual files.

Dealing with ControlNodes (Groups), have a problem with it, on how to
model that as a LinkerInput.

Joerg/Me were chatting on the IRC about this and we came up with the
following approach.

- LinkerInput will contain a single file(lld::File), if the node that
its pointing to appears to be a FileNode
- LinkerInput will contain a vector(lld::Group) of files(lld::Files) ,
if the node that its pointing appears to be a Group

The resolver would need to be modified to consider lld::Groups in
addition to lld::File.

Does this sound like the approach we want to take ?

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation