[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: A proposal to move toward using C++11 features in LLVM & Clang / bounding support for old host compilers

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Oct 31 10:12:42 PDT 2013

On 31 October 2013 09:41, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:

> Not quite :). At present, we (= Apple) still have some dependencies on
> building top-of-tree Clang with VS2010. We’re currently investigating how
> quickly we can move those to VS2012 or newer.

Hi Doug,

Good to know. Since this is mostly related to 3.5, we still have
half-a-year to make sure it won't break big things.

This whole discussion, in my view, was more to put the thought into our
heads, so that we can plan ahead for deprecating old compilers and add
language features that would make the code more readable and extensible.
The time frame can stretch to accommodate people's schedules, but at least
I think most of us agree it's a good move forward.

cheers,
--renato