[LLVMdev] loop vectorizer

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Oct 30 11:22:30 PDT 2013

On 30 October 2013 11:13, Frank Winter <fwinter at jlab.org> wrote:

> opt -O1 -bb-vectorize -debug loop.ll -S
> (I found the -O1 useful to prepare the IR for the loop vectorizer, so I
> hoped this would work here as well)

O1 might not run all the more aggressive passes that will prepare the loop
for the vectorizers. Not all loops will vectorize on all optimization
levels, even though the vectorizers are enabled on most of them.

Still, this doesn't mean LLVM will vectorize this (or any) specific loop on
a specific optimization level. Using "-O3 -debug-only=..." will help you
understand the issues, reduce cases, report bugs and improvement requests.

cheers,
--renato