[LLVMdev] [compiler-rt] lit tests without x86

Alexey Samsonov samsonov at google.com
Tue Oct 29 11:04:58 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Greg Fitzgerald <garious at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What is the exact line you use to configure build tree, and the output
> you see?
>
> cmake ../.. \
>     -G Ninja \
>     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=ship \
>     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
>     -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON \
>     -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=ARM \
>     -DLLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi \
>     -DLLVM_TARGET_ARCH=arm-none-linux-gnueabi \
>     -DLLVM_LIT_ARGS=-v
>
> ninja check-all
>

> Lot's of different errors, but this one stands out (from 'check-tsan'):
>
>    cannot find "bin/../lib/clang/3.4/lib/linux/libclang_rt.tsan-arm.a"
>
> No surprise that library is missing - the ARM Linux runtime doesn't
> have enough information to build.  We haven't provided compiler-rt
> with an ARM linker (or a sysroot).  I only know how to do that for the
> Android build.  How do I build for ARM Linux?

TSan is not supported on ARM at all, so we should avoid running any tests
there.
Do I understand correctly that you build Clang that targets ARM on an X86
host?
If yes, then we should modify compiler-rt CMake rules to check if
just-built Clang can target
the host system and avoid running any sanitizer tests otherwise.

--
Alexey Samsonov, MSK