[LLVMdev] .align 0

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Mon Oct 28 13:00:51 PDT 2013

Apple’s assembler does use power-of-two for .align. I believe binutils does as well. I suspect the header file comment is in error and what’s actually happening is that the section in question has a minimum alignment on the system(s) in question, and so it just looks like it’s redundant. That is, I doubt we need to do anything here.

-Jim