[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: A proposal to move toward using C++11 features in LLVM & Clang / bounding support for old host compilers

Edwin Vane revane at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 10:05:08 PDT 2013

While I was working for Intel, we had all of LLVM being run through all
transforms of the clang C++ modernizer as part of continuous integration.
Last time that process ran, the transformed LLVM still built and all tests
passed. The modernizer supports choosing only certain transforms and can
even do this by telling it what compiler(s) you want to target. We could
use the modernizer the do the jump in a single commit if desired.

To be clear, we only tested the base LLVM project, not projects like clang,
lldb, etc.

I've been thinking of perhaps using Google ComputeEngine to set up a new
continuous integration server now that I've lost the Intel resources...

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Micah Villmow <micah.villmow at smachines.com
> wrote:

> +1 this. Get the build bots setup first on whatever versions are decided
> on before making the jump.

Edwin V