[LLVMdev] Why is the loop vectorizer not working on my function?

Josh Klontz josh.klontz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 07:55:21 PDT 2013

Frank,

I ran into the same issue getting started with the JIT execution engine and
vectorization. You might find this email thread useful:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2013-May/062039.html

My code for this looks like:

InitializeNativeTarget();
Module *module = new Module("foo", getGlobalContext());
module->setTargetTriple(sys::getProcessTriple());
EngineBuilder engineBuilder(module);
engineBuilder.setMCPU(sys::getHostCPUName());
engineBuilder.setEngineKind(EngineKind::JIT);
engineBuilder.setOptLevel(CodeGenOpt::Aggressive);
ExecutionEngine *executionEngine = engineBuilder.create();

For a more complete example, starting at line 1175:

https://github.com/biometrics/likely/blob/gh-pages/likely.cpp

Hope that helps!
-Josh