[LLVMdev] [OT] ARMv8 (AArch64) server

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Thu Oct 24 01:48:32 PDT 2013

On 10/24/13 03:25 PM, David Tweed wrote:
> Hi, note this a personal comment.
>
> You can see from the lists that ARM has been sending patches for some of the
> more "niche" instructions, encodings and intrinsic in the AArch64 ISA. So we
> at ARM are certainly working on LLVM in the context of AArch64.
Thanks David (I'm aware of this)

My goal is to connect with other ARM partners who are interested in
server/HPC. If they are targeting a server market (128 cores @3Ghz?) -
I'd like to discuss if HPC is on their roadmap - if not - why not (such
as llvm missing Fortran support, simd autovec, loop optimizations.. etc)

(I do have an ARM contact, but this seemed easier and likely to be
caught by an engineer)