[LLVMdev] Downstream distributions as first class citizens in the LLVM repository

Yaron Keren yaron.keren at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 03:13:42 PDT 2013

Hi David,

The situation is similar to the Windows-specific patches now done for LLVM
projects.

If a patch is applicable to other OS as well it's inserted in the main
trunk as is.
If it's really specific to Windows it's #ifdef and accepted into the trunk.

Either case it's usually a negligible burden for the developer submitting
Windows patches to make sure his patch plays well with the main trunk.

So LLVM is doing well without a Windows branch.

Would FreeBSD be any different?

Yaron