[LLVMdev] Feature request for include llvm-mc in llvm.org/builds

罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) luoyonggang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 03:01:26 PDT 2013

I found that access llvm-mc from clang driver is impossible, and I
want to use llvm-mc to compile assembly files, how to do that?

H:\CI\bld\compilers\musl\src\math\i386>clang -c -v --target=i686-pc-mingw sqrt.s

clang version 3.4 (trunk)
Target: i686-pc-mingw
Thread model: posix
Selected GCC installation:
 "gcc" -v -c -m32 -o sqrt.o -x assembler sqrt.s
clang.exe: error: unable to execute command: program not executable
clang.exe: error: assembler (via gcc) command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to
 see invocation)