[LLVMdev] get the value of a Constant in LLVM IR

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 17 08:00:54 PDT 2013

On 10/17/13 8:42 AM, Eirini Psallida wrote:
> Hello,
> i parse the llvm IR (llvm-3.3 version) and when i meet a constant, i
> want to get it's value.
> eg i32 5,   i want to get the 5.
> I am interested in ConstantInt-ConstantFP-ConstantArray-ConstantStruct
> subclasses.
> Things are a bit easier with ConstantInt and ConstantFP constants but how
> could i get the value of a ConstantArray?
> The
> http://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html#the-constant-class-and-subclasses
>
> says:
> ConstantArray : This represents a constant array.

ConstantArray is a subclass of Constant.  Constant, in turn, has a
method called getAggregateElement() that will return the Constant *
value at the specified offset within the aggregate constant (be it an
array, vector, etc.).

For more information, consult the Constant class doxygen page:

http://llvm.org/doxygen/classllvm_1_1Constant.html

-- John T.