[LLVMdev] RTSC - Real-Time Systems Compiler

Tobias Klaus klaus at cs.fau.de
Thu Oct 10 07:38:23 PDT 2013

Hey,

As announced earlier, here comes our project description.

It would be great if you could add it to llvm.org!

Tobias

--
The Real-Time Systems Compiler (RTSC)

The Real-Time Systems Compiler (RTSC) is an operating-system–aware
compiler that allows for a generic manipulation of the real-time system
architecture of a given real-time application.
Currently its most interesting application is the automatic migration of
an event-triggered (i.e. based on OSEK OS) system to a time-triggered
(i.e. based on OSEKTime) one. To achieve this, the RTSC derives an
abstract global dependency graph from the source code of the application
formed by so called "Atomic Basic Blocks" (ABBs). This "ABB-graph" is
free of any dependency to the original operating system but includes all
control and data dependencies of the application. Thus this graph can be
mapped to another target operating system. Currently input applications
can be written for OSEK OS and then be migrated to OSEKTime or POSIX
systems.
The LLVM-framework is used throughout the whole process. At first the
static analysis of the application needed to construct the ABB-graph is
performed using the LLVM-framework. Additionally the manipulation and
final generation of the target system are also based on the LLVM.