[LLVMdev] What makes register allocation expensive?

Mars Saxman mars at redecho.org
Tue Oct 8 11:52:48 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-08 01:31, David Tweed wrote:
> Hi, so just to verify the obvious: these are both the same type of
> build
> (Release-Asserts, or whatever) rather than an optimized 3.1 vs a 3.3
> debug
> build?

Sure enough, that explains the difference. I was sure it couldn't
possibly be something that simple, since git history shows that the only
change in the setup script was the version number, but of course that
doesn't show the command line arguments used to invoke the script. I
must have switched at some point in the past and forgotten about it.
(And the build machine isn't running right now, so I only have my laptop
to test it on.)

Thank you - back to more productive work now...