[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.3 in llvm.org Ubuntu APT repository

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sun Oct 6 11:12:00 PDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:
> David, while I don't see 3.3 packages I do see 3.4 snapshots in the
> repository. Will that not do?
>
> If there are any regressions keeping you back on 3.3 now's a good time
> to report them!

Being an open source compiler project (LDC), we test against 3.1 to
3.4 (trunk) in CI to make sure people can compile our project against
their preferred LLVM version (e.g. from their distro's repositories).

This might change at some point if we absolutely need custom LLVM
patches on Linux or OS X on x86 platforms (Windows is less critical),
but so far, we have been able to get away with that.

Regarding regressions, it's quite a hassle to keep up with API changes
in between releases sometimes. Right now, our 3.4 build is red because
of an incomplete workaround for a removed function, but it's looking
relatively good apart from that.

Cheers,
David