[LLVMdev] Implementing the ARM NEON Intrinsics for PowerPC

Alex Rosenberg alexr at leftfield.org
Wed Oct 2 06:47:08 PDT 2013

As crazy as this is, the reverse (AltiVec intrinsics on ARM hardware) was working in tree for a while for the common functions.

Another approach would be to develop a libTooling tool that helps rewrite processor-specific SIMD code to use some generic SIMD library (a C++1y one?) and provide ports of that library.

Alex