[LLVMdev] Implementing the ARM NEON Intrinsics for PowerPC

Stanislav Manilov stanislav.manilov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 01:54:33 PDT 2013

Hello Hal,

I am not very familiar with the DSP capabilities of PowerPC, but I imagine
there will be instructions for simple vector operations like vector
addition, multiplication, etc. so for these I imagine the implementation
would consist of just outputting the correct instruction. However, for NEON
instructions like the reciprocal step (see
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0489c/CIHDIACI.html)
it
is unlikely that there is a corresponding PowerPC vector instruction, so
these will need to be emulated, yes.

 - Stan