[LLVMdev] LLVM compilation problem

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:22:21 PST 2013

Hi Bryan,

On 26 November 2013 20:08, Bryan Ewbank <Bryan.Ewbank at sas.com> wrote:
> I am using gcc 3.4.6 to build LLVM, and am encountering overloaded/ambiguous
> errors in several files…

I can't say anything about your specific errors, but there are
definite plans that LLVM 3.4 will require GCC 4.7.x to compile (since
it'll use C++11 features). Regardless, 3.4 is ancient. Unless you're
in a particularly bizarre time-warp I'd suggest using a more recent
host compiler.

If you *are* in such a time-warp, your best bet is probably just
working backwards through the versions of LLVM until you find one that
compiles. Or reprioritising.

Cheers.

Tim.