[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] disabled Sema/ms-inline-asm.c test

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Thu Nov 21 15:22:54 PST 2013

On 21/11/2013 18:37, Alp Toker wrote:
> It's possible a commit I made fixed this (r193685) or if not, a
> similar fix might solve the problem.
>
> I'm in favour of switching the test back on on and collecting data on
> what the crash is, or indeed if it's still broken at all.

So, I looked into Sema/ms-inline-asm.c. There's good news and there's
bad news..

The good news: r193685 probably did fix the original crash that would
have happened on Hexagon or wherever the necessary parser wasn't enabled
in the build configuration. This was indeed a clang problem.

The bad news: In the period this test was disabled, the feature appears
to have regressed and it now crashes on all platforms:

|mov eax, 1+++ // expected-error 2 {{unknown token in expression}}||

|Assertion failed: (OperandStack.size() > 1 && "Too few operands."),
function execute, file llvm/lib/Target/X86/AsmParser/X86AsmParser.cpp,
line 150.|

Unfortunately an ASM parser test equivalent to the clang one never
existed in LLVM's own suite.

CC'ing in llvmdev. Does X86AsmParser.cpp have an active maintainer?

Alp.

> The log disabling the test in question was:
>
> Author: Chad Rosier <mcrosier at apple.com>
> Date:   Thu Jan 24 20:33:35 2013 +0000
>
>     Temporarily XFAIL this test; the compiler will segfault if the
> target-specific
>     parser is not included in the compiler. Thanks to Renato for
> discovering the
>     underlying issue.
>

> On 21/11/2013 17:36, Bob Wilson wrote:
>> Hi Chad,
>>
>> Back in January, you “temporarily” disabled the Sema/ms-inline-asm.c
>> test.  See clang svn r173365 and r173367. That test is still
>> disabled.  Did you have a plan for getting it reenabled?
>>
>> —Bob

http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts