[LLVMdev] Quad-Core ARMv7 Build Slave Seeks Noble Purpose

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Wed Nov 20 15:11:51 PST 2013

Hi Renato,

My XU is on build 141 and there hasn't been a single problem yet.  No
reboots, no crashes, and as far as I have observed no core dropouts (after
I did the cpu-freq trick you sent me).  Perhaps I have a stable board or
perhaps it is because of its revision (rev. 0.3)?  I will have to move it
sometime because it is somewhat noise once it begins to build.  Do you know
if I can plug in any wireless adapter or if it has to be the Realtek
adapter that Hardkernel sells?  I forgot to buy a wireless adapter and I
dont' want to pay $30 shipping from Korea again.

Please notice that I sent an updated .RST edition of my Arch Linux builder
article to LLVM-commits (for review) the other day.  So the link on
lyngvig.org will be taken down once the reviewed document has been
comitted, if ever.

I was thinking that it is unoptimal to have two XU's acting as builders on
the same projects, so what are you going to do with your XU?  I guess one
of us should do the "make check" thingy and the other simply aim to build
as fast as possible.  My system is already set up to build as fast as
possible using ccache.  I think my system normally spits out a build in
10-20 minutes, due to ccache.

-- Mikael