[LLVMdev] bit code file incompatibility due to debug info changes

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Nov 19 10:58:39 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Bob Wilson <bob.wilson at apple.com> wrote:

> I don't have a strong opinion on how we fix it, but I think it's really
> important to do something and get it done for the 3.4 release.

I agree with everything here being a reasonable step for the 3.4 release
except:

> - implement Quentin's previous proposal for back-end diagnostics (and add
> a diagnostic handler to Apple's linker), so that we can warn about
> out-of-date debug info

I don't think this is important for the release. I don't think open source
people have any expectation of stability here, and while it is a
nice-to-have, it doesn't seem necessary, and seems clearly like a
significant extension that shouldn't be cherry-picked late into the release.