[LLVMdev] Buildbot skipping commits?

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 08:28:15 PST 2013

It's a bug in buildbot. Longer (than 1024, I guess) commit message
might let buildbot commits ignored.
When buildbot is configured with mysql, such a check is done.

FYI, my buildbot tweaks longer commit log, for example;
http://bb.pgr.jp/changes/24995
(Snipping is done not in the buildmaster, but on the commit feeder)

That said, I wish every guys would not be made afraid of commit message...

Galina, FYI, it's the place to check length; master/buildbot/db/base.py

CREATE TABLE `changes` (
  (snip)
  `comments` varchar(1024) NOT NULL,
  (snip)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=25011 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

...I don't know why this is created as myisam and the column
"comments" would be not "text" but varchar...