[LLVMdev] Vectorization of loops with conditional dereferencing

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Nov 14 09:11:08 PST 2013

On 14 November 2013 16:38, Nadav Rotem <nrotem at apple.com> wrote:

> Sure.  Vectorization of stores is done by loading the current value from
> memory, blending the new value and saving it back to memory.

I guess the cost model could let you know if it's profitable or not with
the extra load+mask. But you need to teach it first.

I was worried that telling that m[] can be speculatively read/written does
not automatically propagate to x[], so maybe you should have to add the
same pragma on both to make the induction case work, but only one for the
reduction case.

cheers,
--renato