[LLVMdev] Improving OCaml bindings

Jon Harrop jonathandeanharrop at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 14 00:58:45 PST 2013

Sean Silva wrote:
> I've looked through all Google hits by "ocaml llvm". Sadly, there are no
> alive (updated within last 12 months) projects using the OCaml bindings.
> Further, I only found research projects. I guess this means that there
> won't be much impact from breaking the API.

I wrote HLVM in 2008 and have been tinkering with OCaml+LLVM again recently,
trying to get a good dev environment up and running. HLVM wasn't officially
research. Also, it doesn't work with the current LLVM for reasons unknown.

I consider the current OCaml bindings to be quite stable so I'd be happy to
see minor tweaks go in (like adding explicit contexts) but if anyone wants
to make major changes or completely rewrite them then I'd ask that it be a
completely separate project so they don't break what we already have that
works fine.

Cheers,
Jon.