[LLVMdev] Quad-Core ARMv7 Build Slave Seeks Noble Purpose

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 17:13:13 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Mikael Lyngvig <mikael at lyngvig.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have this ODROID XU (quad-core ARMv7 Cortex A15 1,6 GHz) box that I want
> to make available to the LLVM project.  I can see that LLVM already has an
> ARMv7 Cortex A9 system doing Clang, but how should this box be used, if at
> all?  We're talking a long-term commitment within the realm of being a
> buildbot slave.  It builds LLVM in about 40 minutes, excluding the test
> suite.

Hi Mikael,

40 minutes is a good iteration time for an ARM CPU.  Are you using
some kind of caching mechanism to speed up compilation (ccache?)  If
not, it could be even faster :)

I think this buildbot will be very useful for the community.  What OS
is it running?

You can find instructions on adding a buildbot here:

http://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html

I am also CC'ing Galina.

Dmitri