[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: A proposal to move toward using C++11 features in LLVM & Clang / bounding support for old host compilers

dag at cray.com dag at cray.com
Mon Nov 11 10:54:48 PST 2013

Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> writes:

> Nothing. And adding a note to the release won't make it come faster
> "just because". I think it's perfectly reasonable to wait a few month
> in 3.5 trunk for every one to accommodate.

Just to be clear, that should be a few months from the time the new
required toolchain versions are posted on the web site.  An e-mail is
good too but those are easy to miss.  This is important enough to have
a permanent announcement somewhere.

As far as I know no decision on specific versions has been made.

                                 -David