[LLVMdev] basic block missing after MachineInstr packetizing

杨勇勇 triple.yang at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 18:30:37 PST 2013

Hi, all,

When I schedule machine instructions in a VLIW way and packetize them, a
problem is encountered, and I will show it use a simplified case as follows.

############ original instruction sequence
insn1
jump  LBB0_xx
LBB0_xx:

############ expected instruction sequence after scheduling and packetizing
insn1; jump LBB0_xx
LBB0_xx:

############ generated instruction sequence
insn1; jump LBB0_xx
#BB#xx:

BasicBlock BB#xx is commented out when insn1 and "jump LBB0_xx" is bundled.
I guess the reference to LBB0_xx is deconstructed when insn1 and LBB0_xx
are packetized together thus BB#xx is commented out.

What should we do if the reference to LBB0_xx has to be maintained?

Thanks ahead!

--
杨勇勇 (Yang Yong-Yong)