[LLVMdev] [ARM] Mixing rel/rela relocations

Jack Carter Jack.Carter at imgtec.com
Mon Nov 4 12:45:12 PST 2013

History. In the beginning there was REL, thus there is a lot of binaries with REL.
Then came along RELA and people didn't want things to break so they allowed
both in the same binaries. Besides, RELA is bigger than REL which keeps its
addend in the instruction or data point. Size might not be an issue for you, but
it is for some.

Personally, I don't care which is used and where. I just assume I have to deal
with both. It does create somewhat redundant code, but that's life.

Jack