[LLVMdev] Current state of the lld project

Daniel Albuschat d.albuschat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 02:51:57 PDT 2013

2013/10/31 Daniel Albuschat <d.albuschat at gmail.com>:
> on the lld main page at http://lld.llvm.org, it says:
>
> "lld is in its early stages of development.
> It can currently self host on Linux x86-64 with -static."
>
> Is this information up-to-date?

I made a quick test on a Windows 8 64bit system:

test.c: int main () { return 42; }
> clang -c test.c
> lld -flavor link test.o
> .\test.exe
This application can not be run in Win32 mode.

Maybe I can produce correct results by specifying -target, but I
couldn't get it to even accept -flavor and -target arguments in the
same command line.

> lld -target x86_64-pc-win32 -flavor link test.o
warning: ignoring unknown argument: -flavor

Greetings,
Daniel Albuschat