[LLVMdev] Global variables on LLVM JIT on ARM (Android)

Stephen Kyle s.kyle at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 28 09:51:14 PDT 2013

> The newer system is called the MCJIT, and *should* work on ARM. If you
look at how lli is implemented (tools/lli/lli.cpp) you should be able to
see calls to "setUseMCJIT" which you'll want to duplicate in your code.

> Side note: this won't work in 2.8 :) In any case, asking for proper
> ARM codegen in 2.8 is a big challenge.

Yeah, I actually thought I was using the MCJIT (turns out you actually need
to include MCJIT.h, not just call setUseMCJIT() on your EngineBuilder,
d'oh!), and now I get presented with:

LLVM ERROR: Target does not support MC emission!

So looks like it's back to the drawing board, and I'll need to port a later
version of LLVM to Android. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Stephen