[LLVMdev] Mixing noalias and regular arguments

Kuperstein, Michael M michael.m.kuperstein at intel.com
Mon May 27 04:37:15 PDT 2013

Regarding the name, I'm not sure noaliasAtFunctionEntry makes sense, for two reasons:
a) The pointer involved may not be defined at entry.
b) We already have something which is similar in spirit - IsIdentifiedObject. That covers the 3 cases I have in the new function, but also two additional ones: GlobalValues which are not GlobalAliases, and byval arguments.
Unfortunately, a check of Argument vs. IsIdentifiedObject is too broad, because an argument (which is not noalias) can alias a GlobalValue.

Regarding the namespace - I just thought I should keep isNoAliasArgument close to isNoAliasCall.
I'll move it to BasicAliasAnalysis if you think that's a better idea.