[LLVMdev] More User Friendly Tool Chain perhaps Through a DSL

Suminda Dharmasena sirinath at sakrio.com
Thu May 23 05:23:55 PDT 2013

Hi,

LLVM is very useful but I am wondering if there is an interest in creating
a full tool chain for language definition and compilation with IDE
integration support (to be used by IDE implimenter) using a DSL perhaps
using insights from projects like xtext (http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/) and
MPS (http://www.jetbrains.com/mps/). Perhaps you could use MPS code base to
be able to have it translated to Clang if not LLVM byte code. May be
CodeLight integration of the framework.

The C++ examples and some times having to use other parsers and lexers is
not very user friendly for lesser mortals who might be looking into using
LLVM as a DSL back end. Even all the options are overwhelming ideally
should be defined as part of the language design process.

Suminda
--
Suminda Sirinath Salpitikorala Dharmasena, B.Sc. Comp. & I.S. (Hon.) Lond.,
P.G.Dip. Ind. Maths. J'Pura, MIEEE, MACM, CEO Sakrīō! ▣ *Address*: 6G • 1st

This email is subjected to the email Terms of Use and Disclaimer:
http://www.sakrio.com/email-legal. Please read this first.