[LLVMdev] subtle issue with soft-float and new attribute scheme (possibly an issue with other attributes)

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Tue May 21 07:05:25 PDT 2013

On 18 May 2013 00:15, reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:
> On 05/17/2013 08:08 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
>>
>> My understanding is that with the new attribute system we should
>> deprecate and eventually remove the codegen command line options.
>
> How is that possible?

Because all the information will be available in the attributes. If,
for example, codegen can decide on hard float or soft float for a
function based on an attribute, clang can set it and the default when
the attribute is not present is mostly arbitrary (mostly because of
backwards compatibility considerations).

Cheers,
Rafael