[LLVMdev] How to optimize for x86 32-bit on Sandy Bridge processor ?

Demikhovsky, Elena elena.demikhovsky at intel.com
Mon May 20 02:45:38 PDT 2013

-march=x86 -mcpu=corei7-avx

-           Elena

From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu] On Behalf Of Sebastien DELDON-GNB
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:09
To: llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: [LLVMdev] How to optimize for x86 32-bit on Sandy Bridge processor ?

Hi all,

I would like to know what are the options to use with 3.3rc1 llc/opt to 32-bit (NOT 64-bit) code on a Sandy Bridge processor ?
I've defined a datalayout that use a 32-bit as pointer size and I'm passing -march=x86 to llc, is it enough ?
I'm not using CLANG as front-end.

Thanks for your answer
Seb
Intel Israel (74) Limited