[LLVMdev] Question about DSA analysis

Jing Zhou jing.jzhou at gmail.com
Sun May 19 09:46:20 PDT 2013

Greeting.

I am working on one DSA related project. Got several questions about LLVM's
DSA analysis:

1. I looked through the llvm doc, it seems  "-ds-aa" option is the one I
should use. (http://llvm.org/docs/AliasAnalysis.html#the-ds-aa-pass).
however based on the poolalloc's svn history, this option was removed on
(or before) 2011.   May I know why this one was removed ? and is there any
equivalent option (or options combination) in current poolalloc project  ?

2. I checked the svn history of poolalloc. there is no update to trunk
since last Nov.  the release_32 branch was updated this March. I am
wondering which one is good to use ? and are they compatible with latest
llvm trunk or llvm release_3_3 branch ?

thank you in advance

btw: I am not in the llvmdev email alias, please include my email address
in your reply.

-Jing