[LLVMdev] Vararg Intrinsics still supported?

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Fri May 17 00:46:36 PDT 2013

Hi Marcello,

> I checked around examples for vararg intrinsics, but seems like no target or
> other parts in LLVM use intrinsics with llvm_vararg_ty as an input and adding
> such an intrinsics gives me a compiler error saying "unhandled MVT in intrinsics!".
>
> Are these kind of intrinsics still supported into LLVM?

LLVM never supported varargs intrinsics, i.e. it never supported things like
   llvm.wonder_intrinsic(...)
What is does support is intrinsic overloading, where you can have a version
of wonder_intrinsic that takes a float argument, another that takes an i32
argument etc.  It does this by giving each such version of the intrinsic a
different name, by appending the type to the name.

Ciao, Duncan.